OCW always strives to give it's fans the most bang for your entertainment dollar. When we host our events, we compete with movies, restaurants, night clubs, concerts, and many other fun choices. With the type of events OCW puts on, sometimes the costs can be pretty high. To keep our product competitive and worthy of your time, we partner up with various companies that we deem "OCW Worthy".
These companies are those within a similar demographic and try to do the right thing by their customers. At our first OCW Arena event "Thanksgiving Special" we had a host of great promotional partners that we want to take a moment to recognize.
The first is Stitches and Screens, a custom T-Shirt, Embroidery company in the Akron area located at 3630 Manchester Road. The do a lot of the OCW merchandise. In fact, at "Thanksgiving Special", they printed limited edition OCW shirts and passed them out to the first 50 kids that came through the door that night.
With the Holiday Season upon us, our next partner offers the toys for all of the adventurous boys and girls. Midway Yamaha (3254 Manchester Road) offers some of the best 4-Wheelers, Side by Sides, Dirt Bikes, and Street Bikes. A few of the more popular Christmas purchases are the 2017 TT-R 50 or TT-R 110 dirt bikes for those young riders. They also offer the sales and service of some great accessories including hunting and plow systems - 15% off right now!
Tuck's Garage (1806 E. Market Street) should be the go to place in the NE Ohio Area for all of your Diesel Truck and Equipment Repair needs. They offer: on-site repair, diesel repair/performance upgrades, diagnostics, welding and fabrication, fleet maintenance, and are a Fass Fuel authorized VIP dealer. Don't be left out in the cold this winter.... Get your diesel truck maintained by a diesel specialist.
Given the drastic change in the weather heading into winter, Tanner's Tanning (3515 Manchester Road) has your cure for the snow ball blues, so stop in during December and save! If you purchase 1 Month Unlimited Tanning and a bottle of Tanning Lotion (value of $20 or more) and you will receive 2 More Weeks of Tanning for FREE! They also offer professional spray tanning if that is more your style.
Just because you put the bathing suit into storage, doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of your body. Snap Fitness (3089 Manchester Road) has the equipment and the professionals you need to meet or maintain your fitness goals. They have Walking/Running Track, Cardio Equipment, Machine & Free Weights, Raquetball Courts, Massotherapy, Full Locker Rooms, Lap Pool, Sauna, and Hot Tub. Plus, right down the road at (3235 Manchester Road) they also have a 4,000 sq ft Training Center that offers Functional Training Classes, 1 on 1 Personal Training & Group Classes!!!
So after you get your tan on and your workout on, it's time to get your party on. Whether you are planning on a holiday or office party, a school dance, the wedding of your dreams, or a professional corporate function. Buckeye State Entertainment is the clear choice for all of your entertainment needs. If you don't believe us, maybe you'll believe "The King"... Buckeye State Entertainment is the official DJ Service of The LeBron James Family Foundation.
So if you are in need of the products/services these companies offer, then please consider contacting them and letting them earn your business. Like we said before, they are a major reason we can keep our events affordable for you, our fans, and we are forever grateful for their support.
Official results from "Thanksgiving Special" 11-26-16 from the OCW Arena in Akron, OH.
- "Bulletproof" Brandon Edwards def. Sherman Tank w/ help from his partner, Austin Manix.
- Chase Aaryons def. Jaxon Argos in the first ever Trial By Combat match.
- Cody Saviors def. Otis Cogar but was attacked by Atticus Cogar after the match. Otis joined in on the beat down and the Cogar Brothers left Saviors unconscious in the ring.
- The Starr Flyers def. The Party Crashers to advance to the next round of the OCW Tag Team Title Tournament.
- "Darkstar" Matt Taylor def. Austin Manix to retain the OCW Heavyweight Championship. Taylor was then attacked by Brandon Edwards, Juice Jennings, and Jimmy Shane. Robby Starr, Ryan Burke, and Sherman Tank came down to even the odds. Taylor then made the challenge for a traditional 4 on 4 elimination tag match.
- Taylor, Tank, Starr, Burke def. Manix, Edwards, Shane, Jennings with Matt Taylor and Sherman Tank as the surviving members of their team.
The debut show inside the OCW Arena - "Thanksgiving Special" is about 1 week away and things are heating up. Four big matches have been announced so far:
If you haven't already, get your tickets NOW! The OCW Arena seats about 200 people comfortably, so do not delay! Head over to the SHOP portion of this web site and select the presale tickets that fits your needs. If you are in the Akron/Canton area, you can always go to our local ticket outlets of The Lakeview Market - 3102 S. Main Street, Snap Fitness Training Gym - 3235 Manchester Road, or Thirsty Gator Drive Thru - 3727 Manchester Road.
OCW brings back an old school tradition. Pro Wrestling during a Thanksgiving Weekend. That's right, It's not exactly on Thanksgiving, but 2 days following we are bringing some high-flying, hard-hitting, pro wrestling action to the New OCW Arena in Akron, Ohio!
The New OCW Arena is located at 2910 S. Main Street (rear of the building). We have been really busy transforming this old gymnasium into something we would be proud of and the fans of OCW will love to be apart of.
Your first chance to see the new arena will be at Thanksgiving Special on Saturday Night, November 26th!
Tickets for Thanksgiving Special are on sale right now at all local ticket outlets - $10 Presale or $35 Family 4-Pack (Save $5).
1. Thirsty Gator Drive Thru - 3727 Manchester Road
2. Snap Fitness Training Gym/Rhino Athletic Training - 3235 Manchester Road (Next to Acme Fresh Market)
3. Lakeview Market & Drive Thru - 3102 S. Main Street
Please support these businesses as they are supporting OCW!
*** Tickets are also on sale in the SHOP section here at OCWrestling.net. ***
Official results from our event at the Guernsey County Fair...
- The event opened with the Ohio Heritage Champion, "No Shame" Jimmy Shane, unveiling the brand new OHC belt. He was confronted by Cody Saviors who challenged Shane to an OHC title match later in the evening. Shane accepted the challenge... but it would be "on his terms."
- Robby "Super" Starr def. "True Grit" Bruce Grey
- The Cogar Brothers def. Sons of Conflict in a first round match of the OCW Tag Team Championship tournament.
- "Flyin" Ryan Burke def. "White Trash Messiah" Ron Mathis and "Agent Orange" Juice Jennings in a 3 way dance. After the match, Mathis and Jennings attacked Burke, locked him in an anklelock/crossface combo, and announced that they were now best friends before leaving the ringside area.
- It was now time for the main event: Jimmy Shane vs Cody Saviors for the OCW Ohio Heritage Championship. However, Jimmy had a few conditions: First, Ron Mathis was announced as the special guest ring announcer. Next, Juice Jennings was appointed the special guest ringside enforcer. Finally, OCW head official, Keith Smith, would be replaced by special guest referee, Bruce Grey. The deck was stacked in the champ's favor but Saviors appeared to have beaten the odds when he took out his opponent and his 3 goons and covered Shane. Keith Smith ran out from the back to make the count but it was interrupted and a beat down on Cody Saviors ensued. Robby Starr and Ryan Burke ran out for the save and issued a challenge for a 6 man tag team match, which the villains begrudgingly accepted.
- Robby Starr, Ryan Burke, and Cody Saviors def. Jimmy Shane, Juice Jennings, and Ron Mathis to close out the show.
Special thanks to the Guernsey County Fair Board and everyone who came out to support OCW! Stay tuned for the announcement of our next live event.
OCW will close out it's 2016 Fair Season at the Guernsey County Fair (a few miles east of Cambridge, OH) on Saturday Night, September 17th, 2016. This is the third time OCW has been to the Guernsey County Fair and this event will be sure NOT to disappoint!
Already Scheduled to appear:
- Ohio Heritage Champion - "No Shame" Jimmy Shane,
- "True Grit" Bruce Grey,
- "Agent Orange" Juice Jennings,
- Robby "Super" Starr,
- "The White Trash Messiah" Ron Mathis,
- Sherman Tank,
- Cody Saviors,
- and much more!
Admission to this event is FREE with a paid admission to the fair. Make plans to enjoy the rides, the food, the games, and your favorite OCW Superstars on Saturday Night, September 17th!
On Thursday Night, August 25th, 2016 - Midget Wrestling returns to Canal Park in downtown Akron following the Akron RubberDucks game against the Richmond Flying Squirrels. OCW is again partnering up with The RubberDucks to offer you, the OCW fans, $6 Reserved Discounted Tickets when you type in the promo code: "wrestle"! Just click the picture above and you will be taken directly to the web site where you can receive your discount.
This all happens on Thirsty Thursday which means $1 beer and soda so come on out and root on your RubberDucks, meet some of your favorite OCW Stars, and watch some great Midget Wrestling!
- "White Trash Messiah" Ron Mathis won the #1 contender battle royal to face "Darkstar" Matt Taylor in the main event for the OCW Championship.
- "True Grit" Bruce Grey was furious about losing the battle royal and made an open challenge to anyone in the OCW locker room. The challenge was answered by Sherman Tank! Tank would go on to defeat Bruce Grey via pinfall.
- "No Shame" Jimmy Shane offered "Flyin" Ryan Burke a "Golden Opportunity," Burke could have a shot at Shane's Ohio Heritage Championship... if he could defeat him in a rap battle! Jimmy jumped Burke before the epic rap battle ended and the title match was on! Shane would get himself counted out to retain the title.
- Generation Iron def. Wicked & Cody Saviors to advance in the OCW tag team title tournament.
- "Agent Orange" Juice Jennings def. Robby "Super" Starr when Jimmy Shane interfered and passed Juice a chain which he used to knock out Starr while the ref was down. Jennings and Shane beat down Starr until Ryan Burke ran in for the save! An opening round match was made for the tag title tournament at our next event: Party Crashers vs Starr Flyers!
- Matt Taylor def. Ron Mathis in a brutal main event. After the match, Mathis surprised everyone when he congratulated Taylor and raised the champion's hand.
Time is drawing near and we will be returning to Zanesville for the first time in 2 years. This Friday Night, two title matches will take place as "Dark Star" Matt Taylor will defend his OCW Championship and "No Shame" Jimmy Shane will defend his Ohio Heritage Championship. Plus we will have our first match of the OCW Tag Team Title Tournament to crown new champions!
If you haven't purchased your tickets yet, you still have time! You can head over to the store section of this web site to order online, or if you are in the Zanesville area you can purchase tickets locally at The Civic League Community Center or at Edie's Deli inside the Colony Mall food court!
Speaking of Edie's Deli, while you are there getting your OCW tickets grab a bite to eat. Or if you have a party coming up, they also offer catering services and make cakes for just about any occasion. Head over to http://www.ediesdeli.com and see for yourself!
For this event, we have partnered with a couple local businesses, so please show your patronage to them if you are so inclined: The Barn, Bootleg Tattoo Studio, Travel Inn - Zanesville, and Alicie's Action Figure Frenzy.